Friday, August 24, 2018

Partnership


I have been much in mind of the Apostle Paul’s words to the Philippians:
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.     Philippians 1:3-6
Of course I have been thinking of Steve and Kris as this Sunday will mark their last among us in their current capacity. Paul’s words to the Philippians hit the high notes of remembrance, prayer, joy and partnership. These are notes that will surely be struck as we remember together in worship Sunday evening at 6 p.m.

One of the things I love about Paul’s words to the Philippians is that even as he reflects back he also looks ahead with hope and surety to the “He” who began a good work. For both the Holladay’s and Christ Church, our great confidence as we move forward is that what He has started He will complete!

Pastor Steve will be opening Genesis 48, 49 this week. We are coming to the end of Jacob’s generations now, in fact these chapters are Jacob’s last words right through his death and burial. Once again God gets the credit for maintaining the line of Jacob!


No comments:

Post a Comment